Dr. Tovrea is a 2004 graduate of The Ohio State University
College of Veterinary Medicine. GO BUCKEYES!! She has
practiced veterinary medicine in the Fort Walton Beach area
since her graduation, thanks to the Air Force. Now she can't
imagine living anywhere else!
She lives in Shalimar with her husband, Gavin, and her 2
daughters, Honour and Faith. She also has a few furry
children: 4 cats - Clawed, Skippyjon, Scooter, and Jeter
Bean; a wonderful Boston Terrier named Mosby; and a
hamster - Butterscotch.
Dr. Tovrea is very active in her church and sings in the
Chancel Choir, Rejoice women's ensemble, and Lighthouse
mixed ensemble. She plays in the handbell choir and is one
of two Youth Choir moms, alongside our practice manager,
Melanie. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the
Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Niceville.
Her special interests at work include internal medicine, soft
tissue surgery, small mammal medicine and dentistry.
She is a member of many professional organizations :
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Florida Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians
- Miracle Strip Veterinary Medical Society
- A recommended veterinarian on the House Rabbit Society
Dr. Tovrea truly loves her career and her patients and can't imagine
doing anything else!